homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here

  • From: Rob Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm about out of here
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:21:07 -0400

I'll be online until Monday or so and then having to dial up, so more
often unplugged. This is all exciting and overwhelming at times.

Well done, Rob. Fully feel that exciting and overwhelming stuff; that's how
we grow.

As for the temporary housing, have you considered moving in a mobile home?

Gene,

I'm feeling it! Good Advice.

I am looking at 2 ways to do the housing. One is an older mobile. The other is to buy a fixer-upper house that is near the land or in the town nearby. I really am going to go slow on the housing issue and rely on the relatives to put me up for a while. I have a problem with the mobile depreciating while a house would at least hold its value. I could rent or sell it later.

First, I need to be absolutely certain that the people will not sell the old house that originally belonged to the land. It is a real fixer-upper, but would solve my problem instantly.

Rob