homestead - RE: [Homestead] Removing bar code stickers

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Removing bar code stickers
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:36:21 -0800

At 1/12/2005, you wrote:

Could of swore I read that mineral spirits reduce blotching. To be safe, I will, duh, follow the Minwax directions to use their conditioner.

Only on some oily woods if they are given a finish coat before the oils have had time to migrate to the surface to replace those removed by the mineral spirits. A small bottle of mineral spirits is handy to have at the lumber yard. A bit wiped on the surface of a board will give you an idea of how it will look with a clear finish and is also a handy way to see if the color between boards will match.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com