homestead - Re: [Homestead] Recieved this, thought to pass it along

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Recieved this, thought to pass it along
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:58:37 -0500

Wendy, even when the Law was handed down at Mt. Sinai, there were people in
the crowd who were not descendants of Abraham. No Jewish tradition or law
says only Abram's descendants can be Jewish. In fact, Torah has many
stipulations about how to treat the non-Jew and conversions happen all the
time. The Jews teach that only the Jews, and converted people, are required
to adhere to the 613 laws of Torah.

After much study, I've come to believe that the reason the man called by
Christians "Jesus" was killed was probably because of Temple politics and
his pronunciation of the Sacred Name.

But Judaism, especially as practiced in the US of A, and Christianity are
nowhere near the same religion.