homestead - Re: [Homestead] Was: Recieved this

  • From: "Paul Hillman" <chris_hillman AT msn.com>
  • To: "homestead" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Was: Recieved this
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:08:28 -0500

I received a terrible 3rd ? degree burn on the top of my right foot from some
hot, boiling water. It looks real bad.

We've been using "Bactine" liquid on it for disinfection and "Neosporin"
cream, with a bandage covering.

It looks like, after 3 days, that it's trying to "scab-over", but it's still
"wet" with body-fluids. About 2 1/2 round inches of skin is burned off.

People have been saying to use H202 (hyrdogen peroxide) on it and
Epsom-salts, and salt-water baths after it scabs.

Any "pro" suggestions out there from the old Homesteads?

Pray for me that I don't loose my foot to gangrene.

Paul Hillman