homestead - Re: [Homestead] Recieved this, thought to pass it along

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Recieved this, thought to pass it along
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:36:06 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/2004 8:46:46 PM Central Standard Time,
crazygardens AT nationi.net writes:

Mohammad was most definitely a Christian. His Christian faith is evident in
the Qur'an where he not only reiterates the teachings of Jesus, but also
writes about the virgin birth of Jesus to Mary (Maryam). I think all
Christians
should read the Qur'an also.
Wendy

Haven't read it, but agree that it is a good idea, and I will. By the way,
I have read many of the teachings of Buddha, at least as they are written in
the hotel nightstands in Japan, and agree that the basic teachings fit right
in with the basic tenets of Christ. I suspect that many of the teachings
that Mohammed wrote would also fit right in.

As was the case, however, with the Bible, and as I suspect is the case with
the Qur'an (or Koran, whichever), and Buddha's original teachings, much has
been corrupted over time, and rewritten to serve the purposes of petty men
with
large ambitions. While I do practice in an organized religion, and will
always continue to do so, I try to live by the two great commandments from
which, according to Christ, all of the laws stem. Love god, and love your
fellow man.

Ray