homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chainsaw recommendations?

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chainsaw recommendations?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:20:00 -0700

At 10/3/2004 07:41 PM, you wrote:
Hey all,

Heading to my property in Virginia in a couple of weeks to do some work. I need to buy a chainsaw.

You can take the easy way out, stop at Walmart and just buy a cheap one. Cut up your trees and then put the sucker away.
If you find yourself doing more than that you could then invest in bigger-better-more$ chainsaw and have the cheap one for a back up. A backup is needed when the bar gets pinched <g> or something breaks on the main and you REALLY need to cut something.

Think safety & get some fuel stabilizer to use when you mix your gas (or get oil with stabilizer).

Rob

becidawa AT hctc.com
Now in western Washington, USA