homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chainsaw recommendations?

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chainsaw recommendations?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:01:44 -0700

Warren F. Smith wrote:

BTW, we cut all our heating wood with hand tools now (past two winters) --
that's what we've evolved to.

Denise

Now that is hard-core!

Warren

tvoivozhd---with reasonable house insulation, a double-bitted axe (stays
sharp twice as long) and two-man crosscut in the hands of middle-aged,
healthy people will provide plenty of wood ---and exercise necessary to
remaining as healthy as possible. If you get tired, sit down and sharpen the
saw, the axe, or both. Keeping them sharp halves the work.