freetds - Re: 0.46pre2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 0.46pre2
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:14:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Unfortunately the FAQ is pretty far out of date. libcs.a is one of a
number of libraries that ships with Sybase. FreeTDS only has libct.a
which encompasses all of the things in the multiple Sybase libraries. So
the Makefiles have to be edited to remove -lcs -lcomn -ltcl and others.

I'm getting clean compiles on Sybperl 2.10_02, so that may be a good
version to try. Unfortunately Sybperl is a difficult beast to debug so
support is not as good as I'd like. Using the Sybase::DBLib modules will
give much better results than Sybase::CTLib

Brian