freetds - Re: 0.46pre2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jon Pounder <pounder AT inline.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 0.46pre2
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:59:49 -0400

We'll be building it on a variety of architectures later this week (and we
will post binaries for those interested once we have it working.)

At 10:06 PM 8/23/99 -0400, Brian Bruns wrote:

>Think I could get some nice Linux company to donate a PPC box for endian
>testing and an Alpha for 64bit-ness? ;)
>
>Seriously, I'll have to see if I can steal some cycles at work and compile
>on the Power boxes. It's AIX, but it should be close enough. Fortunately,
>I'm on vacation for the next week (Yah!).
>
>Being an old 68k person, I have a fondness for big-endian machines, but I
>just don't own the hardware anymore. I'll see if I can't find out what's
>wrong with the detection. The floats and other stuff are going to be hard
>to debug remotely though.
>
>On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Paul Schaap wrote:
>
>> Brian,
>>
>> I successfully compiled 0.46pre2 freetds version 4.2 against MS SQL 7 even
>> after hacking configure, configure.in, src/tds/login.c, src/tds/numeric.c,
>> src/tds/read.c to force BIG endianess upon everything for my PowerPC linux
>> and it 'mostly' works. It still doesnt like floats much and only returns
>> integers, and sometimes fields dissappear and/or return garbage in a
random
>> fashion.
>Can you post on sample queries that you're having problems with? I want to
>verify that it's endian related, and to have something to start with on
>the AIX boxes. BTW, what are you using to query with? straight cb/ctlib,
>sybperl, php?
>

>> <BEG TYPE=GROVEL>Could you please spend some time on Endianess for us BIG
>> second cousins</BEG>. If you cannot I will come up with a patch,
>> eventually, but as I have had no experience or training in C this may take
>> years :-(
>>
>> REGARDS
>> Paul Schaap
>>

>Cheers,
>
>Brian
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to freetds as: pounder AT inline.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')

Jon Pounder, Development Engineer
Inline Internet Systems
pounder AT inline.net Jon AT Pounder.com

Web Tools Engineered for Success
http://www.inline.net
http://www.ihtml.com
http://camera.pounder.com