corpus-paul - Re: Paul's Gospel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Bob and/or Leonora Hunter" <bob_leonora.hunter AT thezone.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's Gospel
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:17:10 -0230

Elli Elliottt writes:

> I would hope that we could assume that our discussion of Paul proceeds
from
> the seven undisputed letters....
>
> If you want to introduce evidence from the other letters attributed to
Paul,
> an argument needs to be made that the letter is Paul's own. Such
arguments
> need to be based on evidence, and it's a very uphill battle against a
> general consensus that has stood the test of a time.

I'd appreciate the Corpus-Paul List owner, Jeffrey Gibson, advising us
whether it is List policy or just Elli Elliott's opinion that participants
should have to make an argument that the letter is Paul's own when
introducing evidence in a List discussion from a letter other than one of
the seven letters recognized by scholarly consensus as Paul's.

Bob Hunter
Student and Suite101.com - Pauline Studies editor
bob_leonora.hunter AT thezone.net