corpus-paul - Re: Paul's Gospel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: John Lupia <jlupia2 AT excite.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's Gospel
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 01:08:25 -0700 (PDT)

Elli Elliott wrote:

> I would hope that we could assume that our discussion of Paul proceeds
from
> the seven undisputed letters. (For any of you who are unaware, these
> letters are: Romans, 1st & 2nd Corinthians, Galatians, 1st Thessalonians,
> Philippians, Philemon.)
>
> If you want to introduce evidence from the other letters attributed to
Paul,
> an argument needs to be made that the letter is Paul's own. Such
arguments
> need to be based on evidence, and it's a very uphill battle against a
> general consensus that has stood the test of a time.

This outdated opnion is very far from being a concensensus. I refer you to
an excellent study that provides very strong evidence that all Pauline
epistles are from the same author:

Kenneth J. Neumann, The Authenticity of the Pauline Epistles in the Light of
Stylostatistical Analysis. SBLDS, no. 120. Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1990.

Cordially in Christ,
John
<><

John N. Lupia
501 North Avenue B-1
Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208-1731 USA
JLupia2 AT excite.com
"during this important time, as the eve of the new millennium approaches . .
. unity among all Christians of the various confessions will increase until
they reach full communion." John Paul II, Tertio Millennio Adveniente, 16

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/