corpus-paul - Re: Paul's Gospel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mesfin Atlaye" <mesfin AT idirect.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's Gospel
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:38:33 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Schmidtke" <karlschmidtke_1999 AT yahoo.de>
To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 10:10 AM
Subject: [corpus-paul] Re: Paul's Gospel

> "Mesfin Atlaye" <mesfin AT idirect.com> schrieb:
>

> > What "Scripture" meant to the NT writers is none
> > other that the Jewish scriptures.
>
> This, I believe is fundamentally incorrect as a
> careful reading of this particular verse would
> indicate. "Confident assertion without cognitive
> assiduity."

> =====
> Karl Heinz Schmidtke
> Pfarrerhaus
> Leibensburg
> [karlschmidtke_1999 AT yahoo.de]

Dear Karl,

I am not sure what your clutter really meant here. I responded to what you
posted: >"Further evidence that Paul knew Luke's Gospel was also found in 1
Tim 5.18." My point was a corrective one- again, the pastoral epistles are
NOT STRONG cases to argue on Paul's thoughts. Try elsewhere in pauline
corpus, if you have a convincing case. That is the starting point (of course
not the end) as suggested by many on this list.

Peace.