ch-scene - Re: Ahh, Troika

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ahh, Troika
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:07:12 -0700 (PDT)

>>>To some it may seem I have no right to say anything but right up until
>>>last weekend people are still talking about how disappointed they were
>>>with Troika.

I think everyone has a right to offer feedback, whether you attended
or were in a band (or better yet, if you did not attend*.) Candid
feedback can be very helpful in improving things - and I think the
people involved in Troika would welcome more of it.

glenn

* As I've told the Troika contingent, I have never attended a Troika
show. Part of the reason is that I've preferred the offerings at
Local 506 (such as Juliette & the Licks last year) to my options in
Durham. But I have found many of the out of town acts have played in
Chapel Hill not long before Troika making their appearance less-
special if you've already seen them - three of the five out of towners
that I recognize from '07 had played Local 506 within a year. I'm not
saying that's bad, but if you're trying to get people from CH to
attend, you need to offer more stuff that CH hasn't potentially
experienced recently.