ch-scene - Re: Ahh, Troika

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: rchrdlln AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ahh, Troika
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:53:07 -0700 (PDT)

I find the whole ReverbNation thing somewhat coercive and annoying. It
was the reason I didn't apply last year. Basically, it ensures that I
will establish and then abandon yet another half-assed band webpage,
and at this point I've had more than a few. It makes perfect sense
from ReverbNation's point of view as a sponsor and I don't begrudge
them that, and I certainly love the Internet, but something about the
task of putting that page together pushes some button in me that says
"why create it if you're not going to get behind it 100% (the page,
not the festival)?" I'd much prefer to drop a CD and $5 in the mail. I
dunno.

RA