ch-scene - Re: Ahh, Troika

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: nathan oliver <surferrosa AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ahh, Troika
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:53:44 -0700 (PDT)

Reverbnation is a free service that has a strong local presence. They
have sponsored local music showcases and are based in NY and Durham.
It's not BS sonicbids. Sonicbids sucks my balls. And it's something
you can complete for Troika and abandon as you will. If you have any
other site (purevolume, myspace, whatever), just copy and paste.
Despite the fact that it is the most band friendly host out there.

>From a logistical point of view, it's easier to efficiently monitor
submissions coming from one source. Also, i believe they have done
away with the $10 submission fee for 2008 but i am not sure.

Don't forget, Troika is run by volunteers and supported by donations
from local businesses. They don't make any profit from this. I
played and volunteered last fall. It seemed like the venues were too
far spread out, and there wasn't really a 'central' place.

If you want it to be better, volunteer! Flyering, visiting local
businesses for donations, passing out festival bracelets, whatever.
Hell, just buy a pass and come to the shows. Tell your friends. The
organizers want 2008 to be better. Help them out!

Right now you can come out to the Pin Projekt on May 16 to raise money
for Troika 2008. Come out and bid on some amazing pieces by local
artists. PS. my band is also playing along with Dylan Gilbert and
Shweaty Weather (Sweater Weather) so they say ;-)

http://www.troikamusicfestival.org/