ch-scene - Re: Ahh, Troika

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ahh, Troika
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:28:49 -0400

I'm enjoying this thread. I'll just throw this out: maybe it's not a horrible thing to invite SOME out-of-town bands to a local music festival. I've been to several (and I'm sure y'all have too) around the country that managed to be local in fact and vibe, while also bringing in some complementary bands/acts from outside whose presence seemed more a gesture of respect for the local scene than an intrusion upon it.

I'm also enjoying learning about Grady's and Rossi's 2007 travels. Viva, Italia! Now get back to the rawk.

Seriously, everytime I type "rawk" on my little communicator here, the program suggests that I ACTUALLY meant to type "Rawls". Does anyone else have that problem? And, in fact, is it a problem?

www.rattlejar.com