ch-scene - RE: Ahh, Troika

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Joel Peck <joelpeck88 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Ahh, Troika
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:17:39 -0400

Troika is a beautiful thing, it brings us together as music lovers and local
supportees. It puts a lot of area bands together on really big ecclectic
bills.
But last year, it seemed like 3-4 band line ups featuring an unknown out of
town act or 2 were more common. Hence, the thin crowds and disappointed
attendees. > Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:00:31 -0400> From: hepstyle AT gmail.com>
To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org> Subject: Re: Ahh, Troika> > I don't think
people were angstified by anyone's hard work and efforts. I> think a number
of people were turned off for a number of reasons, some of> which I believe
are perfectly legitimate and should be brought up here and> some of which are
personal and should be left to the past.> > One thing that I think has been
addressed nicely is that bands don't have to> pay to submit.> > If there are
other issues that made people mad here that can be addressed by> Troika '08,
speak your mind! I think I heard from some folks that last> year too many
bands were billed in a couple of venues. With clubs that> can't keep
themselves operating for more than a year at a time, Troika will> have its
work cut out finding the variety of venues it needs, but they are> well aware
of that.> > I've heard other people share that there isn't a clear idea of
what the> festival is supposed to be about. I would say that Troika will do
its best> over the course of the next several months to let people know what
they're> about. The Pin Projekt will be fun.> > So yeah, what else is there?
Share here or get involved or just wait and> see.> > > On Mon, Mar 24, 2008
at 3:35 PM, pineview <quicklikeabunnyreviews AT gmail.com>> wrote:> > > As
someone who came in at the last minute to help with the organizing,> > it
makes me feel bad that my efforts and others hard work seemed to> > leave
people with angst. I can tell you that the people that are> > there to help
this year are there because they want to make Troika 08> > a really fun and
great experience for the bands and fans.> >> > On Mar 24, 1:10=A0pm,
hannahg... AT gmail.com (hannah gush) wrote:> > > Is it possible for us as a
community to have a conversation about what> > > happened during Troika last
year? =A0Bands were mad, Venue owners were> > mad=> > ,> > > musicians who
had volunteered in the past felt excluded and punished...> > > instead of me
saying "everyone feels this way and that way" we could all> > s=> > ay> > >
for ourselves - especially since there's another Troika on the horizon.> > >>
> > Hannah> > > -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill -->
> http://lists.ib=> > iblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene> >> > -- ch-scene:
the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --> >
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene> >> -- ch-scene: the list
that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill -->
Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference.
Learn more.