ch-scene - Re: Ahh, Troika

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ahh, Troika
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:56:12 -0400

Based on the handful of emails I saw last year, as well as Hannah's post, it seems that the problem was with booking & scheduling--so perhaps her point is that the whole thing was disorganized right up to "the last minute" (perhaps until you came in to help) . . . I'd take this as a confirmation that your help was dearly needed, rather than an indictment of it.

I was in Italy so I didn't get to attend any of Troika last year . . . were the shows themselves a mess (apart from the collapse of the separate later Coffeehouse show), or was it just the whole recruiting & scheduling process that kind of went awry?

Ross

pineview wrote:
As someone who came in at the last minute to help with the organizing,
it makes me feel bad that my efforts and others hard work seemed to
leave people with angst. I can tell you that the people that are
there to help this year are there because they want to make Troika 08
a really fun and great experience for the bands and fans.