ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 02:44:34 -0000

I just read the 80 are so posts that took place today (and don't think
you're off the hook Grayson, I"ll come back to that thread at some
point!) and this one quote kinda summarizes the dilemma.

>>>It would be nice if there could be a place like they have at the cradle.
>>>That works REALLY well I think. I've even on many occasions gone out
>>>there and hung out with smoker buddies and not had a problem.

Unfortunately, Local 506 does NOT have a place where smokers can smoke
outside AND consume alcohol. If we did, the decision would be a no-
brainer (or if drinking was allowed on the sidewalk!) Believe me, as
a non-smoker, I'd love to 'air-out' the place but I don't want to lose
bar-business in the process.

Anyway, I will try limiting smoking to one room (unfortunately, the
one I bartend in!) and see how that works.

Thanks for all the feedback...glenn