ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:09:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com> wrote:

> Todd Morman wrote:
> > > I don't get why we can't have a free exchange
> of ideas
> > > without knuckleheads chiming in with
> hyperbolic,
> > > sensationalist crap.
> >
> > Wait, I'm confused. James, which one is hyperbole:
> that smokers are drug
> > addicts or that smoke is poison gas? My dad was a
> chainsmoker and I guess I
> > got used to it because 2nd hand smoke never really
> bothered me at clubs, but
> > really, I'm having trouble finding the hyperbole
> in Doug's comment.
> >

> And while we are on the subject of hyperbole, here
> is a comment from
> James, a little further into the discussion:
>
> But I'm going to
> bristle whenever someone tries to characterize me in
> such a way that I come off as Union Carbide in
> Bhopal.

POISON CLOUD! As I told Rossi, 3000 people died
instantly when they came in contact with that POISON
CLOUD. Some 20,000 people died dhortly thereafter.

I'm not the one who brought up the poison cloud.
We're talking about a smoky bar, here. That's where
the hyperbole claim came from.

> > todd the anger was easy to spot sure morman
> >

> I'll admit that this subject can make me angry, but
> also point out that
> my disagreement with James did not lead me to a
> desire to run him down
> with my car.

It didn't lead you to learn about being facetious on
the internet either.

Dude, you are like two steps away from calling smokers
murderers, the same way that hamfisted activists all
over the political spectrum paint their ideological
opponents. I'm not even against making the 506 smoke
free. But when I'm faced with the kind of vitriol
that I saw in your posts, I'm not going to feel bad
for responding in kind.

for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/