ch-scene - First Diversions of the new school year

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: First Diversions of the new school year
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:57:14 -0000

We're back!

I hope everybody had a dandy summertime.

Diversions is back on Thursday with all the fun you've come to expect
from your source for what's going on in Chapel Hill.

This week we've got a cheat sheet to the basics of local music
history...moving beyond Superchunk and Archers of Loaf (not that we
forgot 'em).

Inside you'll find a Q&A with Reid Johnson of band-of-the-hour,
Schooner, along with a review of their new CD, Hold On Too Tight.

We've got more music reviews from the likes of The Pietasters, Alina
Simone, Okkervil River, Two Dollar Pistols, The Golden Dogs, You Say
Party! We Say Die!, The Everybodyfields, and probably more that I've
forgotten.

There's also a couple photos from the Endless Mic CD release w/
Jozeemo.

And if movies are more your thing, we've got you covered with reviews
of "The Last Legion," "The Invasion" and "Superbad."

As always, thanks for reading, and we're looking forward to another
good academic year.

Over and out.

-Bryan from Dive

  • First Diversions of the new school year, breed, 08/23/2007