ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:03:58 -0400

For my money, a less smoky 506 is a better 506. Half measures or whole, anything that moves in this direction is an upgrade (for me).

Just don't lose the beer. I really like the beer. And the bourbon. The bourbon's good too.

The (we) drunks are still gonna act like drunks, but they'll be healthier, longer lived drunks. Brighter eyed and a little spring their steps. And maybe they'll smell a little better, or at least a little less like smokes.

I like wine, but doubt I'd order it at the 506. Others might. What would you serve it in?

If the cookies were good and fresh, I would definitely order those. And if you're going to do cookies, why not cobbler? Which gets me to thinking that LocoPops would make a delicious ciggy replacement.

--rt