ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:05:02 -0400

Jeez, I do apologize for mentioning the ugly truth so early in the morning, before everyone has had their third cigarette.

Part of the problem is that smokers, by definition, don't know what its like to not smoke. And while they usually don't think about it, the facts are that cigarettes are drugs, and most people smoke not because they like it, but because they can't stop. And the cloud at the 506 every night there are 50 people there IS poisonous.

I don't think smokers are bad people. I have quite a few friends who smoke, and I love 'em all the same. I'm happy for smokers to do their thing, in their own space, but why in crowded public places, where it's obnoxious and harmful.

James Hepler wrote:
I don't get why we can't have a free exchange of ideas
without knuckleheads chiming in with hyperbolic,
sensationalist crap.