ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:23:52 -0400

Here's one customer who would go to a lot more shows at 506 if something is done about the smoke. I've left a few shows really early because the haze was so sickening. And I can name a couple of times that I bought advance tickets, and then just stayed home because I couldn't motivate myself to deal with the toxic cloud on that particular evening.

I agree with Grady that a visit to or through the bar area will be an ordeal, but a half measure is better than nothing.

It's bizarre that we even have to discuss whether we should make things a little less convenient for drug addicts, when the upside is the comfort, health (and presence, even) of the majority who don't enjoy breathing poison gas. I think that Frank will tell you (maybe already has) that the policy change at his place was a big success.

local506 AT gmail.com wrote:
Recently, by request of the artist, we tried restricting smoking to the
bar-area only