ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 07:20:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com> wrote:

> Jeez, I do apologize for mentioning the ugly truth
> so early in the
> morning, before everyone has had their third
> cigarette.

Ugly Truth. That's what you call it? Like the ugly
truth of fetuses in jars and photos of skinned
animals. We choose our words. We choose whether we
want to come across as intelligent, well meaning
adults or uber-emotional screamers. We know where to
put you.

BTW, I have had one smoke and will have had only one
smoke by the time I leave work at 6. Kinda blows the
ole mind, doesn't it?

> Part of the problem is that smokers, by definition,
> don't know what its
> like to not smoke.

Yeah, because the second I popped out of the womb, I
lit up a camel. That sweet, sweet smoke.

Seriously, Tell your fingers to consult with your
brain before hitting send next time. I think a mental
peer review would do you good.

> And while they usually don't
> think about it, the
> facts are that cigarettes are drugs, and most people
> smoke not because
> they like it, but because they can't stop.

Cigarettes aren't drugs. Nicotine is a drug. Just
like ignorant foaming at the fringertips. I guess
we're all addicts.

> And the
> cloud at the 506
> every night there are 50 people there IS poisonous.

I would let "toxic" slide, but then you probably call
copperheads poisonous too, so I won't fault you for
your lack of perspicacity.

Besides, you know what you're getting into when you go
to the club, so it's only 76% my fault.

> I don't think smokers are bad people. I have quite
> a few friends who
> smoke, and I love 'em all the same. I'm happy for
> smokers to do their
> thing, in their own space, but why in crowded public
> places, where it's
> obnoxious and harmful.

You're only upset because non-smokers, BY DEFINITION,
don't know what it's like to smoke.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.