ch-scene - Re: late 80's / early 90's Rolling Stone article

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: late 80's / early 90's Rolling Stone article
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:11:37 -0500

Heh. He said "infobahn."

On Jul 21, 2006, at 10:06 AM, Nathaniel Florin wrote:

I dug this bit out of the prototype ch-scene FAQ
(remember that?) that Grady posted on Dec 12, 1994.
It's easily found in Google.

More to the point,
we figure that if magazines like Spin, Details,
Option, Rolling Stone, Alternative Press, and
Seventeen can spew about what's going on here,
we should seize our chance at equal time via
the Infobahn.

So in late-1994 we clearly believed there had been a
significant Rolling Stone article, but I'll be damned
if I remember it.

I more remember the Details one from 1990(?), which
listed Raleigh as one of the top scenes in the nation,
and sold it by mentioning nothing but things in Chapel
Hill. Things were very indistinct at that point.

Nate