ch-scene - Re: late 80's / early 90's Rolling Stone article

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Christiane Voisin <voisc AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: late 80's / early 90's Rolling Stone article
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:00:13 -0400 (EDT)

Rolling Stone is indexed in some of the EBSCO databases available in
NCLive from the mid 80s on.

http://www.nclive.org

you can search these at any NC college or public library, or go to your
public library to get the password to use NCLive remotely.

I found pieces that were close, but not anything about the scene in
general. Are you sure it was in Rolling Stone?

One from 1992 covers Dillon Fence among other new US bands.

One reviews the collection `Tossing Seeds (Singles 89-91),' by Superchunk,
and profiles John Svara among other "real college bands."

There's also one that covers the Independent (1993) and one from 1994 that
covers the Veldt.

If any of those are of interest i can send the references.

christiane