ch-scene - Re: late 80's / early 90's Rolling Stone article

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: late 80's / early 90's Rolling Stone article
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:57:26 -0400

I don't think I have it. I have some of yr cassettes & some of yr vinyl, but I just went through the last remaining box of videotapes & I didn't see anything like that. Unless you're saying that you, much as I used to do back in the early 80s, did a cassette dub of the audio from the show . . .

I found my copy of the Alternative Press article, written by none other than Grant Alden, eventual cofounder of No Depression magazine. Perhaps not surprisingly, given his future direction, he wasn't impressed by much of anything he saw. Golly Gee, if only Ryan Adams had dropped out of elementary school & moved to the Triangle just a few years sooner . . .

Tim wrote:
Yes, Peter Zaremba's The Cutting Edge went to Chapel Hill but the show was
about the Triangle/NC scene in general. He did the top 10 in the School Kids
on Franklin he talked about UV-Prom and visited Dexter and Crow at the
Maus.

I think Ross has my tape of this show.

I think it aired in 1983 or 84.

Tim Flaherty