ch-scene - Re: this happens from time to time, but

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "matt hedt" <mfhedt AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: this happens from time to time, but
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:25:54 -0400

I was there, it was a fun show. The sound was decent, it was NOT great. "Decent" there was 4 steps up from the usual "Crap", so maybe you were just relatively amazed at the decency. Or maybe it was the X...

That was possibly the only show there from which I left the venue not completely pissed off that the venue exists and that I paid to go.

-Matt

----- Original Message ----- > This is all true. But to give your grumpiness (or at least the old man
aspect) a run for its money, it *is* possible for a band to overcome all
of the Ritz's notable drawbacks. For example, (and I know some of you
were there) Fugazi and the Make UP totally blew the place up in 1995 or
96. The sound was great, the interaction was grand etc. One of the best
2 or 3 (out of maybe 10) Fugazi sets I've seen.

No contest, in general. But still. Yeah.