ch-scene - Re: this happens from time to time, but

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: this happens from time to time, but
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:15:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> You'll get over yr embarrassment at Doolittle one
> day; just keep trying!

if that were going to happen, it would have by now, i
think. doolittle was one of those got it on the day of
release thingies, only to take it home and be
massively disappointed. a true wtf moment. here comes
my man is a green room favorite, though.

doolittle kinda has this whole fleetwood mac feel to
it. fleetwood mac, especially bare trees, is one of
those guilty pleasure thingies for me. but the second
hand imitation of them does nothing for me.

i'm at the coast when the pixies come around, else i
might let down my guard and go to the dreaded disco
rodeo. i read with amusement the venue discussion
here. however, the better part of me would like to
believe, if you're going to be in an uncomfortable
place when going to see bands, skip the megasuperstars
and just go see all the too many fine local bands
around here. it seemed to me recently there are far
more local bands i want to see right now than i can
ever remember there being here before. far more than i
have the time and money to see. it would thrill me to
no end to see bob dylan. but i owe it to myself to see
veronique diabolique first, dontcha think?

3