ch-scene - Re: this happens from time to time, but

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: this happens from time to time, but
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:26:01 -0400

Steven Keith wrote:
Claimed their sound was sort of like the
Pixies and a pinch of the Slits. Huh?!?

Huh indeed. I can't think of much common ground between those two bands' sound.

Pixies are uncontroversial. It's a safe comparison. If a publicist described a band as *The Shaggs, with a pinch of Skrewdriver* it might turn off some listeners.

Saying a band is like the Pixies is like those personal ads where someone likes movies and eating out. Hey! I like those things! Maybe we'll get along!

Bendy