ch-scene - Re: Off topic talk of..How'd my man do?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Christa Wessel <christa AT singintomymouth.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Off topic talk of..How'd my man do?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:31:36 -0400

On Oct 7, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Chris Rossi wrote:

libertarians also like laissez faire economic policies, which landed us in the great depression. in general, i can't hang politically with libertarians, not because i'm opposed to civil liberties, but because libertarians fail to acknowledge, or are myopic with respect to, the social aspects of a democracy. as soon as individual decisions start to affect other people you've entered the social realm which requires some give and take. like it or not, a democratic government is the best place to mediate that give and take and make decisions that affect lots of people, not just one person.

nice post, chris.

still, there's no reason that libertarians --as wacky as they are-- should be excluded from the debates. they'll be on the ballot... the public should be able to hear what they have to say.

xo-