ch-scene - Re: Off topic talk of..How'd my man do?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jason M. Sullivan" <jason AT krazykat.nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Off topic talk of..How'd my man do?
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 04:28:52 GMT

In article <1257F15C-17E6-11D9-97CE-000A95B742DE AT singintomymouth.com>,
Christa Wessel wrote:
>> The upcoming Presidential election looks just like the last one:
>> two totally uninspiring candidates ( three if you count Nader ) to
>> choose from.
>
> at the risk of opening up a whole new can of worms, i'll point out that
> there is another option: libertarian candidate michael badnarik.
>
> http://badnarik.org/

Whoo, that _is_ a can of worms. The biggest problem with those guys is
they can't keep the nutjob ideas out of the platform. To Wit:

"Crime rates go down when offenders must compensate their victims and
responsible citizens are permitted to carry concealed weapons. Privatizing
police gives them incentive to emphasize prevention and focus on violent,
rather than victimless, crimes."

If anyone thinks that privatizing the police force won't lead to the bad
old days of the Pinkertons and the Wackenhuts laying the beat down on
whoever the folks that pay them tell them to, they're seriously deluding
themselves.

And that's just the first one I came across.

--
//// Jason M. SULLIVAN jsullivan AT nc.rr.com
|c-oo http://www.jason0x21.org
\_- "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries