cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Stefan Tiedje <Stefan-Tiedje AT addcom.de>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:10:40 +0100

drew Roberts wrote:
If it were that simple, that would be cool. If all I had to do was examine my heart, give a simple yes or no answer to the best of my abilities and everyone including the copyright owners were bound to accept my answer, that would be a breeze.

Actually thats what everybody wants and in general it is like that. Its a breeze, if in doubt just ask. In the old days and officially this is still true, a spoken word is a contract. Creating fear that you might get sued is a business modell of lawyers, they point you to some hypothetical danger, but crossing the street is probably much more dangerous, be it for your life or legally...

As soon I am allowed (I might have to quit the Gema) to publish my music under a cc license, you have herewith the written consent to use it also for commercial purposes, (but are restricted to publish it under the original conditions: If its NC it has to stay NC)

Stefan

--

[][] [][][] [][] [][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]