cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Alex Bosworth: "Creative Commons Is Broken"
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 07:46:56 -0500

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 12:20 am, Adam Fields wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 06:28:00PM -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I don't make any uses of NC licenced works personally, or through my
> > corporation. I still consider them too dangerous to use. I will set up a
> > scenario for you as if I didn't though.
>
> [...]
>
> I think, although I'm not a lawyer, that the situation you describe is
> exactly why corporations like Google and Mozilla have non-profit
> subsidiaries.

And tghey can no doubt afford the legal fees and everything else that goes
along with it. Speaking as a person whose corporation probably has total
revenues smaller than many peoples take home pay, I can't play those games.

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145