baslinux - Re: [BL] BL on newer hardware

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL on newer hardware
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:42:39 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Zarek Jenkinson wrote:

> Only problem now is, neither FreeDOS 1.0 or MS-DOS 6.22
> will boot. MS-DOS hangs after saying "Starting MS-DOS..."

I don't understand. Are you saying your system is
unable to boot DOS? Ever? Or, are you saying you
have installed BL3 to HD and now DOS won't boot?
As far as I know, the only thing in the BL3 install
that would cause DOS to fail would be using fdisk
and/or mke2fs to overwrite the partition where DOS
resides. Obviously, that is a mistake.