baslinux - Re: [BL] Seamonkey 1.1.5 was Re: SIP phone

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Seamonkey 1.1.5 was Re: SIP phone
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:32:11 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi Keesan

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

libxpcom
libmozjs
libplds4
libplc4
libnspr4

Steven, could you compile the rest of these
for Slackware 7.1?

There is no need to compile them. They come
with the binary.

I just figured out that the ones listed above come with it, but NOT libgcc_s and libstdc++.so.5. Borrowing them from Slackware 11 means we would need to also upgrade to glibc 2.3.6 which I hope not to do for a while.

Everything else required is found in Slackware 7.1 (or maybe 8.1).

Firefox unpacks to 26MB, and seamonkey to about 40MB, but the latter seems much less demanding of additional libraries (maybe because it comes with most of them). I cannot get Firefox to load any more. Maybe skipstone somehow broken it (uninstalling it). Steven, please compare cpu and memory usage.