baslinux - Re: [BL] SIP phone

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SIP phone
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:04:05 +0000 (UTC)

Re Seamonkey as part of a softphone program X-lite (2MB download).

Clicking on ? gets you their support forum, which comes up in Seamonkey
1.0 (which I never installed to my Slackware 11). So Seamonkey works with
Slackware 11 too. I don't know if it uses pieces of firefox, but it works
even if I rename the firefox directory to firefox-bak. Firefox won't load
while I am online with BL2 (dialup) and chrooted to SW11 but Seamonkey has
no such problems. I even unpackaged the tar.gz again in case it got
damanged by skipstone but no action. firefox-bin, run-mozilla.sh and
firefox all show up in top use 0.0% cpu and little memory.

Seamonkey works at att.com site where Opera fails. Version 1.0.5 from
2006, which looks simpler than Firefox 1.5. Uses about 2MB memory and is
only part of a 6MB phone program. Firefox 1.5 tar file is 26MB.
Where can it be found standalone?

At the seamonkey site is a 12MB precompiled binary of Seamonkey 1.1.15 Suite (which includes chat, IRC, and email programs) compiled for GTK 1.2 (and Glibc 2.3.6 - SW11 uses 2.3.4). It has more features than 1.0.5 (hopefully you can download without any images then add them later) and better security. I will know more in another 30 min or so.

They are working on version 2.0 now but posted older versions.

Steven, could you compile Seamonkey Navigator (browser only) for GTK 1.2 that would work in BL2 or BL3 with a few added libraries?

The precompiled one requires dependencies:
libstdc++.so.5.0
libglib 1.2
Xorg 6.8.2-r2 (would an older X also work for compiling?)