baslinux - [BL] Seamonkey 1.1.5 was Re: SIP phone

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Seamonkey 1.1.5 was Re: SIP phone
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:51:15 +0000 (UTC)

At the seamonkey site is a 12MB precompiled binary of Seamonkey 1.1.15
Suite (which includes chat, IRC, and email programs) compiled for GTK 1.2
(and Glibc 2.3.6 - SW11 uses 2.3.4). It has more features than 1.0.5
(hopefully you can download without any images then add them later) and
better security. I will know more in another 30 min or so.

The 12MB download is the Suite including IRC, HTML editor 'Composer', mail and something else. I am downloading Navigator alone 11MB same version, using the installer program. The Suite runs fine in Slackware 11 and loads faster than Firefox and uses 2/3 the cpu time and not much memory.

It wants libxpcom but works without it.

In BL2 it accepted glibc 2.3.1 (the site says it need 2.2.4 or later)
and wanted

libxpcom
libmozjs
libplds4
libplc4
libnspr4
libXi (found in Slackware 7.1)
libgcc_s
libstdc++.so.5

I already have libgtk and libgdk and libglib 1.2, libgmodule 1.2, from Slackware 8.1 or earlier.

Stevben, could you compile the rest of these for Slackware 7.1?
I suppose we could copy them from Slackware 11 but would then have to upgrade to glibc 2.3.6.

They are working on version 2.0 now but posted older versions.

Steven, could you compile Seamonkey Navigator (browser only) for GTK 1.2
that would work in BL2 or BL3 with a few added libraries?

It should already work except we are missing some libraries.
It seems to accept glibc 2.3.1.

The precompiled one requires dependencies:
libstdc++.so.5.0
libglib 1.2 (found in slackware 7.1)
Xorg 6.8.2-r2 (would an older X also work for compiling?)
Works with BL2 X (3.3.6?).