baslinux - Re: [BL] Seamonkey 1.1.15 was Re: SIP phone

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Seamonkey 1.1.15 was Re: SIP phone
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:20:08 +0000 (UTC)

After upgrading to Slackware 9.1 glibc 2.3.2 solibs I can still compile (using Slackware 8.1 glibc 2.2.5 include files). I am using a 2.4 kernel.

Seamonkey 1.1.15 gtk1 precompiled no longer complains about missing libraries but it does not load. I get two gdk warnings about locale (locale not support by Xlib, locale set to C:, and can not set locale modifiers) and nothing more. Still using 1.3% of memory without loading. I tried Xvesa and SVGA server.

It worked in Slackware 11 (from its own directory) with glibc 2.3.6, but the libraries that come with seamonkey only need 2.3.2. They also need each other, except for libnspr4.

Steven, please help. The wrapper script looks for libraries in /usr/local/lib/seamonkey_1.1.15 (not found in Slackware 11) and there is also something about mre and mozilla. README says to just cd to seamonkey and type seamonkey, which does not work in BL. mozilla-installer.bin did not work, though I have all its dependencies.

README says you need at least glibc 2.2.5 and gtk 1.2 to compile it.
That might be easier than getting the precompiled version to work in BL.

I already copied over libXi from Slackware 7.1, libgcc_s from Slackware 8.1, and libstdc++.so.5 from Slackware 9.0, and ran ldconfig.

Sindi Keesan