baslinux - Re: [BL] BL35 plus Opera 854 problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL35 plus Opera 854 problem
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:12:17 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Ian wrote:

> Hi, after a fair bit of wrestling with it, I got the
> svga X server working well with BL3 on a P2 laptop.

What resolution and color depth are you using?
Are you sure, your color depth is 8 or higher?
To be sure, you could run links2 (which fails
when color depth is less than 8).

> Qt: Locales not supported on X server.

That one could just be a warning. Probably not fatal.

> Opera: Call to XQueryColors() failed.
> Falling back to black/white display

That's why I think you don't have enough colors.

> does it mean that this Xserver, the one from
> Slackware 4.0 is unusable with Opera?

It's possible, but I doubt it.

> Has anyone even seen this before?

Sindi probably has.