baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 auto startx and shutdown

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 auto startx and shutdown
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:23:59 -0800 (PST)

oops ...

first of all, the "i just d" at the beginning of my post
is superfluous, it should start with "for shutdown, ...".
i hadn't noticed it because i sent this post using the
yahoo email website in links2 in BL3, and it only allows
single-line viewing and editing for the message body.

anyway, more importantly, right after i sent this message
i turned off that machine, and noticed that in fact
"poweroff" apparently does _not_ unmount anything, it
simply shuts down the system as is.

i've always used poweroff from the command-line and
never noticed this. so i suppose that for a safe shutdown
one should "umount -a" first, then "poweroff".

do you just run these two commands together in the jwm menu,
like so?

<Program label="Shutdown">umount -a poweroff</Program>

or is that not the correct way to do it?

-monz

--- On Tue, 2/24/09, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>