baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 auto startx and shutdown

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 auto startx and shutdown
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:34:39 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Is there some way to auto-boot to X and log in as user?

You can probably do it by editing /etc/inittab
to eliminate the ASKFIRST (see "man init"
for alternatives), set USER in /etc/rc or
/etc/profile, and startx.

A bit of trial and error will probably get you
there.

> If not, what is the best way to auto-boot to
> X (and then run as root)?

I've got one of my laptops configured to do this,
but it's not here at the moment. IIRC, I put
startx in /etc/inittab. Let me know if you
decide to go this way and I will check exactly
what I did.