baslinux - [BL] BL35 plus Opera 854 problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL35 plus Opera 854 problem
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 21:01:20 -0000

Hi, after a fair bit of wrestling with it, I got the svga X server working
well with
BL3 on a P2 laptop. I then, following the instructions from the website,
installed Opera 8.54 and all the extra bits it needs. Unfortunately when I try
to start it from the xterm window, I get the following two error messages.

Qt: Locales not supported on X server.

Opera: Call to XQueryColors() failed. Falling back to black/white display

After this Opera opens up a window , a black copy of itself. One can click on
menus but not much else. Unusable.

I had the first error message when I put Opera on another BL machine , I
don't know what it means but it doesn't stop Opera from working.

Its the second part, the "XQueryColors() failed" bit, that's causing the
problem. Does anyone know how to get round this, or does it mean that
this Xserver, the one from Slackware 4.0 is unusable with Opera?
Has anyone even seen this before?

Ian.