baslinux - Re: [BL] Firefox

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Firefox
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:21:39 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> links2 and hv3 loaded instantly. Firefox took
> 10 seconds at 1.6GHz from a fast hard disk, and
> uses 25MB memory (7 processes each of that amount,
> plus one smaller one). They all download pages
> at about the same speed.

The downloading speed of Firefox can be significantly
increased by activating pipelining and other options.
You do this by editing about:config

You will find suggestions for speeding up Firefox in
many places. Here is one:
http://www.tech-faq.com/blog/tipstricks-for-speeding-up-firefox.html

After turning on pipelining (maxrequests 4), turning
off prefetch, and altering a couple of other settings
not mentioned in the above article, my Firefox is now
nearly twice as fast.

> How does one stop images from downloading or at least
> displaying with Firefox 1.5?

Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Content