baslinux - [BL] DBF database package xdb-1.2.0 for glibc225

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] DBF database package xdb-1.2.0 for glibc225
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:58:18 +0000 (UTC)

I have a dbf database of my vinyl records that sqlite probably cannot handle (unless there is some way to convert dbf to sql). Also handles ndx. Use on files created by dBase III and some IV, Clipper, BSBROWSE (free DOS database program from Slovakia that I use), CDBF (shareware DOS/LINUX/WINDOWS program that is very buggy in linux and dos) and several other old DOS database programs.

I therefore compiled xdb-1.2.0 (1999) and posted the package for glibc2.2.5 (Slackware 8.1). There is a precompiled rpm version of the later xbase 2.0 (they had to rename it) for Redhat 6.2 (is that libc5?) online. C++.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/blfiles/xdb-1.2-glibc225.tgz

Not tested. I included libxdb, the various programs, html docs, and examples. About 180K (half of that is the library, most of the rest docs and examples). dbfutil1 is 15K.

I also compiled xbase 2.0 but have not packaged it. It would overwrite xdb 1.2 except for the library. dbfutil1 is 20K.

Sindi Keesan