baslinux - Re: [BL] screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:34:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Sindi wrote:

message. Apparently you don't need a screenrc.

No, you don't need a .screenrc--at least not for any versions of screen I've used. But if you open a number of screen terminals like I do, the appropriate .screenrc can be really nice. I've got one, for example, that makes a sort of taskbar across the bottom of the terminal/console. There, it shows hostname at the lower left, time at the lower right, and has a section across the bottom middle that shows how many terminals are open and highlights the one you're currently in with red brackets. If anybody wants a copy of that I can just include it in-line in an e-mail.

James