baslinux - Re: [BL] screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:47:42 GMT

I found on my computer a screen-bl3.tgz which is ver 3.9.9
and uses ncurses 1.9.9 (symlinked to act as a later version - 3.4?)
and uploaded it to http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/screen-bl3.tgz.
Your version works, but when it loads it says
Could not write /var/run/utmp: I/O error. I can still type
Ctrl-a Ctrl-a to switch between two screens with two programs o
on them (pico and links2). The SW81 version always starts
with 'tgetent: warning: termcap entry too long'.
The previous BL3 version gives the same error as yours
and also seems to work. It is 716K, the SW81 is 297K,
and yours is 207K and has no ncurses dependency.
The 716K version probably has other things compiled in
(libcrypt, libutil, libgpm are needed by SW81 version).