baslinux - [BL] screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:56:12 -0500 (CDT)

According to some initial testing I did on a qemu image, it is possible to install and run the version of screen found in Slack12 (4.0.3) on BL 3.5. I did this on a qemu image that had the updated libraries, i.e., the libraries you have to install in order to install Opera. Getting screen to run involved pkg'ing, of course, the screen package found in the /ap directory of Slack12. I found that one more package was required in order for screen to run: the package is called utempter and it can be found in the /a directory. Anyway, after pkg'ing those two files I was able to run screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5 running in a qemu session.

James