baslinux - Re: [BL] screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] screen from Slack12 on BL 3.5
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:29:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Steven wrote:

I've just compiled screen for libc5. It has no
dependencies (other than libc5, which is already
in BL3). I don't know how screen is supposed to
work, so I haven't tested it.
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/screen.gz

If anybody tries it, let me know if it works.
You'll probably need to do: chmod +x

Great work, Steven. I've just tested it under BL 3.5 qemu and it seems to work just fine--runs "out of the box" on a fresh BL 3 installation. I did chmod +x, as you said. I then copied it to /usr/bin/, since that's where the screen version I recently installed resides. Then, I just ran screen from the command line and it started and ran as expected. Your version is 3.09.05 it seems, correct? Anyway, according to my brief tests, this is ready to offer for general downloading.

Thanks,
James